The one thing we might take for granted would be our beds, particularly our bedsheets! We sleep on it every day, and since it’s exposed to air pollutants in the room (yes, the room can get dusty despite cleaning!), you’ll need to make sure your bed sheets are adequately washed and maintained. Not only will this reduce the dirt and bacteria buildup, but it will also keep your bedsheets looking beautiful and ready to take years of sleeping or lounging on.
But the question is: How can you properly care for them in the first place?
Read on as I show you the tips on caring for your bedsheets properly.
Tips on Caring for Your Bedsheets
- If you own a set of bamboo sheets, then it’s better to wash it in cold water. Avoid using any cleaning products such as dryer sheets or fabric softener, as this would end up damaging your sheets in the long run.
- When using a washing machine for your bedsheets, make sure to separate the sheets from towels and clothes, allowing it to have better room for circulating. The setting should be on delicate or hand wash cycle.
- Wash your sheets once a week, at least three times a week if you live in humid climates. It’s still best to hand wash your bedsheets, but make sure not to wring silk sheets.
- Lessen having to wash your sheets by bathing before you sleep. That way, you’ll be bringing less dust and dirt to the bed.
- Always fix your bed after getting up in the morning, properly folding the bedsheets to avoid wrinkles or dust accumulation while you’re out.
- If you’re storing bed sheets, then put it in underbid storage or in labeled boxes to make it easier to get. Also, fold it well to avoid wrinkles when getting it.
When it comes to cleaning your room, one of the things you should take care of would be your bedsheets. It’s vital to keep your bedsheets clean and maintained to avoid getting allergies from pollutants or bacteria that would end up damaging your health in the long run. Plus, it would lengthen the bedsheets’ lifespan, saving you money from replacing tattered sheets destroyed due to lack of care.
I hope that these tips on caring for your bedsheets helped you become more knowledgeable on what you need to know about maintaining your bedroom and to keep it comfortable to sleep in. So what are you waiting for? If your bed is due for a cleaning, then try any of these tips today and enjoy a clean and cozy bed today.
If you enjoyed the article or would like to share more tips on caring for your bedsheets, then comment down below. I would love to hear what you have to think.