Air-conditioning generally requires proper functioning and constant care. Many companies provide such services nowadays. Nevertheless, there are simple routine procedures that one can follow to avoid major problems. You can hire a technician to take care of your air conditioning system, but for simple problems, you can follow a do it yourself routine.
- Dripping Water- Leakage in pipes is the main reason for dripping water. Replace the pipe. If the pipes were fine then the next thing would be to check the pump. If the condensation process is not happening in the condenser, then the pump is not pumping the exchanged hot air into the condenser. The pump needs to be replaced or repaired. Sometimes green molds might be growing in the connecting pipes. These can be clean with bleach and the issue may get resolved.
- Weird Noises from the A/C Unit-Loose screws and mechanical friction are two main reasons for noise. Proper lubrication would resolve the issue. Use the prescribed motor oils and lubricants and check the manual for the intervals of lubrication. Else, the optimal time would be once in a year.
- Temperature Problems-The thermostat should be placed in a position where it can get the right sample of the temperature of room’s air. Furthermore, if the air is not properly recycled by your pump, the interchange of the hot and cool air is interrupted. The pump issue needs a qualified technician.
- Cooling Problems- Your air conditioner might be running smoothly, but might be failing to cool. In such a case, check the condenser. Open the condenser unit and remove debris out. The condenser should have free outlet and should not be obstructed by anything. If there are obstructions such as furniture or tree branches, then remove them from that site.
- Compressor Problems-The compressor unit contains a fan that can gather loads of dirt. Clean the fan and remove dirt from that as well. Do not hose with water. Wipe with a wet cloth only. Be careful not to hose down any electrical circuit. This might lead to major air conditioning repair.
The filters help in separating the dust and providing clean air to the interior. If you notice that filters or sifts are grimy, the air conditioning system has to work intensely to heat or cool. When cleaning your filters, use a soft brushes or damp cloth. It is also important to address the cooling issue and remember to set the thermostat. Turn on the power and set the thermostat to the required temperature. If you have done everything right, then the condenser pipe should feel warm and the inlet should feel cool.
Home air conditioning troubleshooting won’t resolve every HVAC problem. But knowing how to track some of the simple complications can at least help you better prepare for a service call. If you are looking for the best provider of AC repair services, CSC A/C Services is the ideal choice for you. The company is just one phone call away!
Gladys L. Combs Sees the world through his lenses and describe it by his hand. We provide first class repairs, maintenance, and installation to all major brands. There is not job that is too big or too small for us. We are in the AC repair and replacement business. We aim to be in the home and commercial comfort business.